Saturday, March 26, 2011

Not Skunked

This Saturday morning it happened, a successful fishing trip. My Dad, Elijah and I went out to troll in the Holland Channel. We ended up with 2 jacks, a 30 inch 9 LB Steelhead, and what we think was a 32 inch 12 LB Lake Trout. We went 4 for 4 if you don't count the release we had from dragging a spoon on the lake bottom. It's been YEARS since my last trout, and it was even better to be able to share the experience with my Boy and my Dad. The only thing missing was Old Bro Krack, his body wasn't present but his advice helped get fish in the boat.


3 comments:

Katy said...

So maybe Bryan is holding you back?

Bryan and Katy Kraker said...

Easy now! You're trying to get them to stop inviting me. It's not that I'm bad luck. It's just that Elijah is good luck.

Chad and Amber Kraker said...

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever been skunked with elijah in the boat. We'll figure it out when they are both in the boat together. Just a side note--- I think that those are 4 of the most costly fish on earth. I think ther were about 6 years worth of "all Species" license purchases that were bought in vain.