Saturday, September 15, 2018

Michigan UP Black Bear Hunt

Chads bait log.  Filled with cookie dough and a personal touch of Oreo cookies.
Headed out to Chads spot to take down our stands.  Bittersweet.

Bryan kissing his tree goodbye.
Taking the path back to Bryan's stand 

Had some time to visit the beach in Escanaba
House of Ludington in Escanaba.  We didn't get to go in because it was closed.
Chads
Chads entry wound



My hunt video.
Austyn my 16 year old guide gutting my bear














Hunted with Wild Spirits Guide Service in Carney Michigan UP.  I sat for under 2 hours on the first day of the hunt and took this 140lb male bear at 15 yards with my Hoyt CRX35.  Special thanks to Dan and Austyn Kirschner for guiding a perfect hunt.  Thanks to Chad Kraker for joining me in the adventure.  Can't wait to do it again.

No comments: