Sunday, September 22, 2013

Swhacker Broadhead Review

First deer of the year was taken on a new piece of land that we got permission to hunt.  It is a 12 acre piece that is just down the road from our usual spot, the bank.

I took this deer with a Swhacker Broadhead at about 15 yards on September 21 (early doe) around 7:00pm, and I promised a review of this broadhead  after I had a chance to use it.  I think the video below says it all.


The blood trail was so defined that we decided to let my six year old nephew, Elijah, do all the tracking.  He was successful after about 60 yards of following blood. 

Thanks to Elijah and the Swhacker, I have meat in the freezer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I see spots? Is your meat drawer in your fridge full?

Unknown said...

I use the Rage like every other guy who bought into the slogan "It's like throwing an ax through an animal" but all my buddies use Shwacker and swear by them. Seems to me that they'd be the most mechanically sound. I had questions about how they opened once they hit. Your video proves they cut em wide open!